Friday, March 03, 2006

Sangria

I had this recipe in my folder for years and have only made it three times. Everytime I make it I wonder why I don't make it more often.

2 large juice oranges , washed; one orange sliced; remaining orange juiced
1 large lemon , washed and sliced
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1 bottle inexpensive, fruity, medium-bodied red wine (750 milliliters), chilled



1. Add sliced orange, lemon, and sugar to large pitcher;
mash gently with wooden spoon until fruit releases some juice,
but is not totally crushed, and sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
Stir in orange juice, Triple Sec, and wine; refrigerate for
at least 2, and up to 8, hours.

2. Before serving, add 6 to 8 ice cubes and stir
briskly to distribute settled fruit and pulp

serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy of Cooks Illustrated








No comments: