Friday, March 03, 2006

Just cane envy!


Snark has a problem. He's been on a power trip. A few posts ago I mentioned how he threw his back out and I went to buy him a cane. So he was balking at the notion, even more so when he knew I was going to drive him to "Mobility Freedom".

I bought this cane and made him test it out. He grumbled a little, but he knew it was for the best. We got the hood version, because there is no need for style unless he was going to hang out with P.Diddy and Bentley Farnsworth.

It helped but it developed a life of it's own. The cane would mysteriously poke me in the butt when I was ignoring it's master. The kids, when they were bad, got poked in the heel for emphasis. The end came when "THE CANE" pointed out differences in digital cameras at Costco. A man, who actually needed a cane, was standing by and looked a little taken back when an apparently healthy Snark used "the cane" as a pointer.

He went through withdrawal. After all, I amputated his limb. But I think he has gotten used to only having two hands.

No comments: