Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm just a stress machine----

Sing to the tune of "I'm just a Love Machine".

Snark says I thrive on crisis. If there isn't one around I might just decide that life isn't worth living. I would give him the ol' ST, but he's speaking the truth. I can stress for hours if someone gives me a funny look at the store.

I ran into a girl that I see once a month at Bunko. I was distracted and for the life of me could not recall her name. But as dumb luck would have it she knew mine. In fact all those Bunko chicks know me and when I run into them at the store I hide, because I can't remember their names. Which leads me to one of two reasons for this 1. I shouldn't drink at Bunko or 2. I 'm just not that invested in this group. I like to think the latter rather than the former. I digress. I called my friend(whose name I do remember) and freaked out that this gal thought I was a looneytune.

That was last month. This month we have the FCAT. Every state has it. It just goes by a different name. It's the standardized test they make you take in 3rd grade to see if you're smart enough for 4th. What a joke! I took an old test. I can tell you right now I probably flunked. The questions are phrased awkwardly and they have material on it that most kids have not covered yet. I can see why teachers are in an uproar about it. I read that you can be a straight A student, yet if you don't pass this test you repeat the grade. There is no room for error.

I am preparing myself for the grade. My eldest was cringing going into the test. The only problem I have is she does well in school but the state doesn't care about her GPA.

So that is the stress for April into May because surprise, surprise we don't know if we passed until the week before summer holidays.

"Have a great summer, by the way you've won a trip to repeat third grade."

The horror!

No comments: