Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Holiday Highlights


I am back to semi-normal. The day after Christmas I took down all the holiday gee-gaws and put my house back together. That is my tradition. When Christmas is over, it is really over in the Lavacakes household. The 26th finds me throwing everything in a box and snapping my bullwhip on Snark to take it to the attic. Oddly, he finds that whole bullwhip very exciting. But I digress...

The girls have time off till Jan. 4th. This means that I have to entertain them till they or I fall asleep exhausted from family togetherness.

This holiday we saw approx. 30 minutes of "Narnia" before my nine year old ran screaming out of the theater. Snark followed, screaming about the 40 bucks he just lost and the seven year old called us all "losers".

We went to Disney exactly two times. We saw the beautiful light display at MGM. They had snow falling also and it was the best kind...because it was fake. Loved it!

The next time, we went to EPCOT to see the candlelight processional and see my second husband Jim Caviezel tell the story of Christmas. Seeing him decided a few issues. One, my digital sucks and I need a new one. Two, get to EPCOT early next year so I can sit close enough to throw myself at him. Three, lose the kids and the husband that day in order to throw myself at him. If you squint at the above picture you can see him.

We ate at Chefs D' France after. Snark ordered cod en croute and I ordered Beef Tenderloin. Our dishes were delish. Our enjoyment was aided by a mouth-puckering house wine. The waitress, Florie, was a newbie(first day on the job). She did great, meaning she kept the wine flowing and spoke kindly to the kiddies. The little one was fascinated by her accent and asked if she was from China. I think we need to work on languages with her.

We went over to friend's house for Christmas. This is a girlfriend I knew in St Louis, who moved here six months before me. Talk about good fortune. She is what I imagine my sister would be like...if I had one. It was tasty and Snark partook of some green ginger wine from Jamaica. Except he was supposed to dilute and he took it straight. Guess who drove home??

So far we have enjoyed the holiday. It was a bit harried at times but we are thankful for the roof over our heads and the food on our table. I hope that all of you have been as blessed as we have been.

No comments: