Friday, May 26, 2006

"It must be Summer" Fountains of Wayne

The song above has a line that says "It must be summer because the days are long...". For the mothers of school age kids, "Ain't that the truth". I now have to find endless ways of avoiding the boob tube for at least 18 hours of the day. You know ,they won't get up for school at 6am but they surely will be up at the crack of dawn all summer long.

Seriously, this is the first summer where the girls have realized what summer vacation is all about. They had to actually work at school this year. I am ready because I was attending school with them. I am so done with third grade math.

My eldest thinks she is having a love affair with the television this summer. NOT! I hesitate to tell her that in two weeks I am hauling them across the ocean to India. This will be a good break for all of us. We'll visit relatives and they'll experience another culture(where kids respect their elders).

The youngest has asked me if I am going to translate for her since she thinks that no other country speaks English except America. Makes me realize how insulated they are. Being the little capitalist she is, she was also wondering how far her allowance stretches there. I should have plenty to blog about this summer.

No comments: