Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Say a little prayer

I just heard some heart-breaking news yesterday. My third grader's room mother called to tell me that one of the girl's in the class had been in a horrible accident. She is on life support with severe brain trauma and as of now her kidneys are starting to fail. Her family is in the Ronald McDonald house next to the hospital.

I had met this girl a few times. She is a cute little blonde, always showing me photos or just chatting with me. My daughter didn't think too much of her and always told me that she was mean. I never saw it.

I told my eldest what happened and she didn't say much. A few minutes later she came up and said.

"She was mean to me but this should not have happened to her. I'm feeling weird. Will I see her again?"

"Probably not. She won't be the same girl." I then had to break it to her that she may be attending a funeral. I hated to do that but I would rather prepare her for what may come.

I think that the extent of what happened hit my daughter because she started to cry and has been pretty weepy all day. But I have been also.

No comments: