Wednesday, April 26, 2006

American Idle!

So is it just me or is Paula Abdul heavily medicated? I have been addicted to watching American Idol since last year,when I was rooting for Bo Bice to win. But the blonde won and that is how America votes. And I'm not paying 50 cents to vote for anything. So this year my new underdog is Taylor Hicks. Love his gray hair and Joe Cocker style. He'll never win but maybe he'll have a chance at success. I think Kelli Pichler will win or if the public knows better the angsty Eddie Vedder rip-off Chris Daughtry will win.

Whatever happened to having a unique voice? Every Top 40 artist today sounds alike. All rap sounds the same. I used to really love Run DMC and LL Cool J but now if you throw in a few "hoes", "baby daddy"(BTW what the hell is a baby daddy?) and talk about killin' the man you have a hit.

Which is why I have no clue who is popular because in my house we listen to people you pay six bucks to go watch. I think the only popular artist I am listening to these days is James Blunt. Love him because he doesn't sound like anyone but himself. Don't even ask what Snark is listening to because you might scratch your head and say "huh?". But he is going to the IPO(International Pop Overthrow) in Chicago this week. I will make him post about his bands that cost a buck to watch.

No comments: