Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter.

I was going to post my friend M.'s hashbrown casserole, but I 'm afraid she'll hunt me down and take it away if I posted it :> So here is a recipe from another woman who cooks as great as she looks. Nigella Lawson. She is my kind of gal. Hasn't done a light recipe yet!

Mozzarella en Carroza

6 slices white bread, crusts removed
1 ball mozzarella, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/2 c. whole milk (in soup bowl)
3 TB. flour(on a plate)
1 egg
salt and pepper
olive oil for frying(don't use extra virgin)

Make sandwiches from cheese and bread leaving edge of bread unfilled with cheese, press together edgesof bread to form a seal. Beat egg with salt and pepper on plate. Heat oil over med heat. Dunk sandwiches in milk, then flour, then egg mix. Fry in hot oil tilll each side is crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel then try not to burn your tongue.

No comments: