Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pre-show titters

It's the best time of the year. When I say that, I mean it's award season. For me that means the Golden Globes and the Oscars. Now in terms of whether the recepient was actually deserving, I could care less. That lost all meaning when Gywneth Paltrow won for Shakespeare in Love. Thought the movie was good, not oscar worthy. But, that is another blog post.

Snark likens my pre-award hysteria with his preparing for his rotissierie baseball team draft(as we speak, he is in the dungeon pouring over manuals and a year's worth of Baseball America).

A few observations that are purely subjective.

Reese Witherspoon: Her dress emphasized her lack of bust. Looked like she was wearing a shield over the actual dress. Found out just now she is in a snit because the supposedly the dress was "vintage" but Kirsten Dunst wore it to the 2003 Globes. I just hope they cleaned it for Reese. Oh and get over it!

Hilary Swank: Love whatever she wears. She has a killer body that looks great in fitted gowns. She must have a whips and chains fetish because the back of the dress was black straps. Looked sexy though.

Melanie Griffith: Sometimes you just have to accept your age. Melanie can't. She looked like a trussed up turkey. She also had the worst accessory..the lips who swallowed Paris.

Gywneth Paltrow: I understand that she is pregnant but did she steal one of her costumes from "Shakespeare in Love"? I think she wanted to remind her audience that she won an Oscar(undeservedly so) and that she is much more than Mrs. Chris Martin.

Keira Knightley: If I pulled one of those tassels on the gown would the bell ring below stairs?

Scarlett Johansson: She should hand some of her bust up to Reese.

No comments: