Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Kitty Crack and other Christmas Musings...

I'm sorry I put Christmas. Actually, I'm not! I respect other religions but this is Christmas for me so I say "Merry Christmas" unless you're the one Jewish friend I have, and really the woman puts up a Christmas tree in addition to celebrating Hanukkah so I don't think she sweats it too much if I slip up and say "Merry Christmas."

The picture to the side here is my cat and her cocaine. The tree!! Never mind that it is fake. She nestles in it and when I stuck it up her big hiney was stuck underneath it. I tried to stop her but she's fourteen and it's one of the few pleasures she has left.

I was stuck on the Turnpike Saturday. There was an accident that caused mental distress for me since Snark and the kids were in the car. We all waited for it to clear. We stayed in the car because we're on the highway duh!! Stupid me, it was a cause for a party. Just imagine a bunch of morbid people getting out and staring at the accident(dead person) discussing what happened.

"Oh look, they're carting the body away."

"Where? Where?"

"Was he old?"

"Does someone have matches, I need a smoke."

Yes, there was a party and yours truly stuck her head out the window and asked if they were enjoying the view of the blood. Snark yanked me back in and told me if I got lynched he'd wait at least a year to get married again. I snapped a picture of the on-lookers but Sprint wanted to charge me five bucks to e-mail it so just picture it in your heads.

Speaking of Sprint, I cashed in on my 7+ years of customer loyalty and got them to give me two brand spankin new Treo 700p's for 50 a phone. Snark is singing his love for me. This is the geek phone and he's all about it. I like it but really, do I need organization in my life? I do use the internet on it. It's so great my friend Amy asked me to get a phone number so I looked it up on the internet and by the time I got the number she called 1800-Free-411 and got it. So I think it's wasted on me.

I was hand-slapped today by the above friend for neglecting this blog. She said "You didn't even post a recipe." I know, but might I add this is the same chick that said she "has never made any of the recipes."

Christmas is here because

Neiman Marcus has their purses on sale.
Starbucks has put Peppermint Mocha on the menu
Bath and Body is selling spice candles
Snowman Shop at school was a hit with the kids and wore me out
I'm running around the house keeping the kids away from the closets
75 degrees is sweater weather down here.
"A Christmas Story" is on
Snark is playing "Charlie Brown Christmas" in the car
My favorite Christmas song "Merry Christmas Darling" sung by Karen Carpenter is on
Jingle Bell Bark is on
Salvation Army is ringing bells(but not outside Target!)
The candlelight processional at Epcot is going on and I will have picture from that. Hopefully, someone as hot as Jim Caveziel is there this year.

No comments: