Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dijon Chicken with Double Cheese Bake

I bought a Land O Lakes cookbook about 13 years ago. I thought this cooking thing would be a passing phase. I still use it and it has some of the best recipes I have made. This was one I used to make for brunch. I hope everyone appreciates the fact that I am typing the recipe out.


6 cups cubed French bread
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
10 eggs(Yow!)
1 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp pepper

Grease a 13x9 pan and place bread inside. Layer with chicken, mushrooms, and cheeses. In a large bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over layered chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate 6 hrs or overnight. Pre-heat oven to 325. Uncover and bake for 50-60 minutes or until set in the center. Let stand 10 minutes.

No comments: