Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Well...I forgot to post a recipe on Friday. Guess why? I was doing homework. It started and I had a paper to write. I forgot what it is to take a class and actually want to do well with it. My friends think I am nuts. Everytime I say I have homework, one says "You have fun with that. Thank God I'm not doing it." If I had a couple bucks for everytime someone said I wouldn't be taking the damn class.

So this weekend I went to a 40th birthday party. I had a blast in spite of an ill-mannered guest who drank the host's beer and ate their food then whispered to me that "This isn't a Tommy Bahama kind of crowd." I wanted to slap her but I had beer in my hand. I settled for telling her how rude she was. I wanted to tell her north of the Mason Dixon line they think Tommy Bahama is a beer.

I had two papers due and a quiz to take this week. The great thing about an online class is you can take the quiz in your pajamas drinking a beer. Which is precisely what happened. This mortified Snark until he saw what yours truly made on the quiz. That's right 100%. Thank-you Dogfish Head Brewing Co. I just hope my instructor, whom I have dubbed Dr. Puff N Stuff, isn't reading this.

The kids have started out on a swim team. They swim three days a week. It's not serving the purpose I intended, which was to tire them out. Instead they are juiced up after an hour of swimming laps in the pool. I'm the one that's tired.

One of my favorite artists, Nina Gordon, has released another album after six years. You can listen to her here . I'm hoping she tours.

Ernesto came in like a lion and has petered out in my backyard. Just non-stop raining. A little more than a drizzle which is just fine with me. People actually kept their kids out of school today even though they knew it was supposed to be a rainstorm. Bad mom! I kicked mine out the door. No hurricane means school. They learn too little anyway.

It doesn't feel like Labor Day is around the corner. Yet it is. Nothing is planned at all. Might take the kiddies to Disney. But I have homework and they have swim practice. So we will laboring on that day.

No comments: