Monday, February 26, 2007

Wastin Away


Note: I did not put that hose in the manatee's mouth. I was just passing by. So don't fine me if you are FL law enforcement.

This picture was how my Keys vacation ended. I guess manatees love fresh water so they come scurrying over(as fast as a manatee can scurry. Note the propeller wound on head) if there is a hose in the water. So this guy was about 8 ft and had some of his flipper missing. He bellied up for about an hour before leaving the bar.

That was the last day of a four day excursion. The whole family went with my cousins and their wives.

I am close with my male cousins. I am the oldest girl so they had to hang with me. The rest of the girls that came along after were much younger and way more boring.

Anyway, we rented a house in Marathon and drove around the Keys like maniacs. It was cold. Need I say more.

To demonstrate how sick I am, the only place I wanted to go was a restaurant called Alice's that served a tropical fruit shortcake with passion fruit cream. That was really the whole vacation for me. That and the joy of arguing with my cousins.

Snark, while driving, hit a seagull at night. It landed in front of the car and looked at the headlights. The incident permanantly scarred my cousin's wife Jean. She is a fanatical animal lover. She said she would always be haunted by look on the stupid bird's face. I am going to be haunted by the fact the seagull could have dented my new car and the fact if Snark had swerved we'd be in the drink. I don't think I won any points with Jean after that comment.

She also says I have the malocchio. I guess it means I have some curse on my head. This revelation came about because I can't see wild-life to save my life. I go on an airboat tour in the Everglades and guess what? I see only one baby gator. I go to see Key deer and I am the only person that did not see one. I go to see snakes and can't spot them. I didn't even see the seagull that was in front of me. So being the superstitious Italian chick Jean is, she decides I am cursed. Isn't there some kind of spitting thing that gets rid of that?

Anyway, my cursed head is glad to be home. As much as I like vacation I love home.

No comments: